Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dailey & Vincent LIVE! at the Texas Troubadour's Theatre in Nashville

While in Nashville this weekend, we were staying at the Fiddler's Inn, which is right next door to the Texas Troubadour's Theatre (Ernest Tubb Record Shop in Nashville). It is a live music venue and is free of charge. The show is called the Midnight Jambouree and is broadcast live on WSM radio. It just so happened that Dailey & Vincent were going to be performing on the Saturday night we were in Nashville. That was an extra special treat for me, not just because they are great, but because I have known their banjo player since he was about 9 years old. Joe Dean, from Granite City, Illinois, started out on mandolin and played with Jerry Rosa. It wasn't long before he was picking banjo and guitar, and singing. I can't ever remember him NOT being great. The thing I couldn't get over is that Joe now sings the low bass part on the group's gospel quartet numbers! I'm having a hard time getting the "little" Joe out of my head. I can't believe his voice has dropped that much.

Of course Joe had no idea we were going to be there. I had no idea they were going to be there! I took a nap and then somehow got myself out of "zombie mode" before the show started at midnight. The first picture is when Joe first recognized it was me taking the picture. I talked to him briefly after the show, and we also bought the new CD. (We got a free poster, too.) I love the group. They sing great, they play great, and they are wonderful entertainers. They even entertain themselves on stage! One of the things that I really like about the music choice of this group is that they do a lot of original gospel songs. Some of them are just incredibly touching. Do yourself a favor and catch this group somewhere this year.









No comments: