Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our Trip to Springfield

Well, we just completed a full day of youth talent in Springfield, IL. This was the talent competition for all the winners of the county fairs in Illinois for ages 15 & under.  My banjo student, Nikki, won first place in St. Clair County.  I was here to play guitar for her, and she did great!  Since I am still in Springfield at the hotel as I type this on my netbook, I won't be able to post the video of her performance yet.

Nikki won 5th place out of 41 contestants! Congratulations Nikki! There were all sorts of talent represented including dance, piano, singing, guitar, flute, acrobatics and more.

While the judges were tabulating the scores, there was a great live show about reptiles and bugs.  I don't remember the name of the guy who presented the show, but he was really funny (as long as you weren't the one helping him!).  Some of the things he put on people included a tarantula, a scorpion, several different kinds of snakes, and an alligator.

Here is a picture of me holding the alligator.



Make sure you check back on the blog for photos and video of Nikki.  I'll post them when I return to the shop.

No comments: