Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ralph Stanley Concert!

Earl and I went to the Ralph Stanley concert held at the Sheldon Theatre in St. Louis last night. MANY thanks to Rick C. for giving us the tickets to this SOLD OUT event! Ralph Stanley and his son and the rest of the band were all there, and they were very entertaining. In my opinion, a live performance should be more than just playing good music. I want to be entertained and hear good music. If I just wanted good music, I could put a CD in the CD player.

I had never seen Ralph Stanley in concert before. His voice is still high and lonesome, and he really has a good sense of humor. For the majority of the concert, he had Steve playing banjo with the band, but he did pick up the banjo for two numbers. We bought several CDs, and I got to have my picture taken with Ralph. He even signed my thumbpick!


No comments: