Thursday, April 8, 2010

For the Ladies...

With new band member, Emily, in The Chris Talley Trio, it was time to get a few new outfits.  What fun!  I've been able to find western shirts for some pretty good prices, even if it meant cutting off the sleeves for summer shirts.  However, skirts have been a different story.  There is not much to choose from, and they are pretty expensive for what they are.  I decided that I would just make the three of us skirts (Zane didn't want one...).

I went to Walmart over the weekend and looked through some pattern books.  I am thankful that my husband, Earl, enjoys western wear and was actually interested in helping me pick out a pattern and some material.  For a very easy skirt pattern that anyone, and I mean ANYONE can sew, try Simplicity 4220.  It has two pattern pieces.  You actually cut out four of one piece and two of the other, but don't let that scare you.  I went to work and was able to cut out and sew three of these skirts in about 2-3 hours, including ironing time.  I used a drawstring instead of elastic around the waist, but you can do whatever you want.  Here is what the completed skirt looks like:

1 comment:

ChicagoGenealogy said...

I've been thinking about sewing a new skirt or two for summer and I love the pattern. Glad you posted. I'm inspired now!