Monday, November 10, 2008

22nd Annual Greater Downstate Indoor Bluegrass Festival

Wow! Did we ever have a great time in Springfield this year! Nikki, my 11-year old banjo student, won a banjo scholarship to attend the Bill Evans banjo workshop on Friday. She had a blast and did so well! Nikki also played in the Showcase on Saturday, as did Chelsea. I played guitar for Nikki, and then Chelsea and I worked up Orange Blossom Special as a duet and got Ron to play guitar for us. We are using toothpicks halfway through instead of our bows. I am posting the videos in separate blog entries, so you'll have to check out the next two entries for the videos.

On Sunday when we were packing up to leave, a camera man from a local Springfield television station came by and filmed Chelsea and me for the news. Here is a picture of Chelsea being interviewed for the news!

No comments: