Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Night's Jam

We had another nice crowd for our regular Tuesday night jam session tonight, with a total of 21 people in attendance. We played until about 10:30. Terry L. sang In the Pines, and Ron did the really high vocal melody break. I just love it when he does that. It sounds so good! We had some great fiddles tunes from John, Charlie, Chelsea and Ron. It's been a while since we had so many fiddlers here at one time. Nicole picked some great banjo breaks on John Hardy and Cripple Creek. I was very happy to see Gary G. come by. It's been a while, but he picked a lot of guitar and even sang a few songs though he said his throat was scratchy. I wish I could remember the name of the song Anna played on her dulcimer. I know it but I guess I'm getting older. It was a sacred song that I have never heard her play before. It was really wonderful on dulcimer. I could go on and on, but I'm afraid I'll say something about everyone except maybe one person, and I don't want to accidentally leave someone out! Here is a video clip so you can listen for yourself. Nicole had to leave early, so unfortunately you won't see her in the clip.

No comments: